Writing Update



So, over winter break, I made this goal to do at least 2 blog posts a week and write 1,600 words a day on my newest novel and... the goal isn't exactly going to plan so far.
Good news is that I have written about 2 blog posts every day.
Bad news is that I haven't written a single word on my second novel.
Shame. (I know.)

I was really sick this past week and I've noticed that when I am sick I get kind of grumpy and sometimes grumpiness and novel writing don't pan out very well. I normally start thinking like this:

  1. Ick, I don't feel good. 
  2. I have so much to write. 
  3. This story sucks. 
  4. Crap. Crap. Crap. 
  5. All of the characters will die, so I can just be done with this stupid story! 
Yeah, that's not a good mind-set to have when writing a book. 

However, blog posts are easy because they are short, simple, and different every time. At least, I am getting some writing in, but seriously... I need to get working on that novel.

I sent about 17 query letters out to literary agents a couple days ago for my first novel and have gotten like 3 or 4 rejections back. I've learned that if agents respond really quickly it is generally a rejection letter. Cross your fingers folks! Because one of these days I can stop using these rejections letters as wall paper and finally get a YES! 

Also, I am writing two more short stories for the Chicken Soup for the Soul people. Hopefully, they will publish my work again because that would be stellar! 

Blog to you later!
Love, 
Manders 

Comments

Popular Posts