(Side note: I'm feeling better today. Have a slight fever, though, & a mountain of goop in my chest. Drinking lots of hot tea & Emergen-C packets. Just glad I'm not sneezing as much anymore.)
Alrighty. Let's get started here. Day 2 of Germany went down like this:
- I wanted to sleep in forever.
- Ended up waking up at 10AM.
- Well, actually Uta woke me up.
- I looked like hell. There were huge bags under my eyes & my hair looked electrocuted. I basically looked like Penny from this episode of The Big Bang Theory...
- In fact, Uta's friend (the one who only speaks German) laughed at me as I sat down to the table.
- Interesting fact I learned: Back when Germany was separated by the Berlin wall children on the West had to learn English & children on the East had to learn Russian. Can you guess what side Uta lived on?
- The three of us ate breakfast.
- Which was really good! I had toast with a blackberry/apple jam that one of Uta's friends made for her. I also had some salami on toast, which was also YUMMY!
- Whenever Uta left the room her only-German-speaking friend & I would just sit there awkwardly, occasionally trying to make conversation by pointing at things & smiling. Like I'd point at one of Uta's cats, smile, poke my chest with my index finger, & then show three fingers. Meaning: I have three cats.
- Then I showered.
- And thankfully didn't look like hell anymore.
- After that, I read for like an hour & a half of "Prodigy" (Read like 100 pages), while Uta & her friend downloaded & edited pictures from a trip they recently took.
- Then the three of us & Uta's dog Lena drove up into the Black Forest for lunch.
- We passed by a funny looking car on the way up (the video goes by ridiculously fast).
- I love the Black Forrest. It is SO pretty!
- And I don't know about you, but for me, whenever I'm near a forest I feel at peace, so yeah, that was obviously nice.
- We ate at this restaurant that looked more like a Swiss house.
- I had a really yummy meal: salad, sausages, & fried potatoes. Couldn't get better than that!
- Uta asked if I would like some wine, but I politely declined.
- I think the Wine Festival was enough for a lifetime for me.
- Actually the thought of sipping wine ever again made me feel like this...
- Afterwards, we looked at this barn that was near the restaurant.
- And there were like a million geese.
- And they were SO loud!
- It was funny because Uta said: They'll all be gone by the end of November.
- And then I busted up laughing super hard.
- Then we went hiking & it was gorgeous. I'll post pics.
- It started to thunder & Lena was getting scared, so Uta took her back to the car (which was a ways back) while her only-German-speaking-but-knows-Russian friend & I walked down the hill to a tiny ice cream shop.
- While waiting for Uta to drive back I watched these 3 kids feed goats, finding it hilarious when the kids erupted into giggle fits each time one of the goats nibbled from their hands. They started pulling up nearby grass & tried to feed the dirt/roots part to the goats. I went over to them & showed them that the goats like the top part best.
- Then Uta came & we ate some ice cream.
- We each got 3 scoops on a waffle cone. Not gigantic scoops, but rather PERFECTLY portioned scoops.
- From top to bottom I got A.) Hazelnut B.) Chocolate & C.) Espresso.
- The most magical thing about that pairing is that when I licked the hazelnut & chocolate at the same time it tasted like Nutella.
- It was SUPER delicious!
- Then we drove back home.
All in all, it was a fabulous day. I really enjoyed myself.
Blog to you later!