Friday, January 3, 2014

Favorite Books of 2013

Here is a list of my favorite books from 2013. 

  1. "Zombies Hate Stuff" by Greg Stones. This is a fun picture book that I like to look through every once in a while. It has hilarious pictures. I totally recommend it! Click here to see Greg Stones' website. 
  2. "Anna & the French Kiss" by Stephanie Perkins. I loved this book! I wanted nothing more than to read it until I finished it. It's a romance that involves a private school in Paris and a very attractive british boy. I love books with travel in it, so this was great! Especially since I've been to Paris before. It's got great humor and is just ridiculously cute! I want to read everything by Stephanie Perkins now. 
  3. "The Storyteller" by Jodi Picoult. I actually got this book signed by her, which was awesome! This book is very intense. I think it is her best book, which is saying a lot since she has a ton of awesome books. However, I think this one just wraps up perfectly. The ending was a huge shocker to me. There's lots of characters and it makes you feel so much. It was hard to read before bed though, so beware. I totally recommend it though! 
  4. "My Life Next Door" by Huntley Fitzpatrick. This is probably one my favorite love stories I've read in a while. It's super cute. It's about this girl who falls in love with the boy next door and it's just perfect. I highly, highly recommend this book! I liked it better than "Anna & the French Kiss" actually. Click here to read a cute interview with the author.
  5. "The Glass Castle" by Jeanette Walls. Wow. Just amazing. Incredible writing, incredible life. I can't wait for the movie with Jennifer Lawrence. 
  6. "Stolen" by Lucy Christopher. This is about stockholm syndrome. It's about a girl who was kidnapped from an airport and taken to Australia. It's written in the form of a letter to her abductor. It's haunting and beautiful and you have to read it. The movie rights were sold and I can't wait to see it brought to life. Click here to watch a filmed interview with Lucy Christopher. 
  7. "Wonder" by R.J. Palacio. A great story about a disfigured kid. I love reading middle grade and this was a heartbreakingly beautiful story. Told from different perspectives and really makes you think about the world in a different light. The writing is fantastic as well. Click here to watch the book trailer. 
  8. "Making A Good Brain Great" by Dr. Daniel Amen. I'm a nerd when it comes to this brain and I read this for fun over the summer. It's fantastic! Talks about ways you can improve your life by focusing on your brain. It's brilliant. Just brilliant. Read it! 
How about you?
What was your favorite book of 2013?

Blog to you later!
Love, 
Manders

No comments:

Post a Comment