What I'm Doing This Summer!

Hola!
HAPPY SUMMER Y'ALL!

I thought I'd just do a quick post about what I am doing this summer.

So for the first part of summer, starting tomorrow, I will be participating in the Neuroscience Outreach Program, which is a program involving students from Portland State University, Washington State University, Oregon Health & Science University, and the Pacific Northwest College of Art who will help teach neuroscience to both middle and high school students. I am super stoked about this because I love the brain and I love working with kids and sharing my passions with them.

Then during the first two weeks of August, for my Senior Capstone, I will be participating as a counselor at the Mt. Hood Kiwanis Camp. I get work with kids and adults with differing abilities. Already went through my 6-hour orientation and learned some awesome camp songs. I'll do another post on this the closer I get to it, but let's just say that for now I am super excited for this opportunity because I love working at camps!

I'm also going to be working extensively on my second novel, which is a stand alone, not a sequel to the novel I have been posting on this blog.

I will be reading a lot too. Here is a few books on my list (in no particular order):

  1. Blog Inc. 
  2. Wild
  3. The Travel Writer's Handbook
  4. Stiff
  5. Hallucinations
  6. I Am Malala
  7. The Poisonwood Bible
Yep. 
Hmmm... what else?

Well, I will be blogging weekly, going to the coast, volunteering, and traveling too, of course! I just got back from Salt Lake City, Utah and will be going to Sacramento, California next weekend!

How about you? What are your summer plans?

Blog to you later!
Love, 
Manders 

Comments

Popular Posts