Writing More & Updates

When I don't want to sit down & write. 
Hola!

So, I've been blogging a lot lately, however, I've been slacking when it comes to working on my 2nd novel. Uh oh. Yeah. So, I should probably do that right after this post. Sometimes it's hard to make a habit out of writing, no matter how much I love it; the most difficult part of it all is getting my butt into the chair and forcing my fingers to type at least something. (Jodi Picoult: I can edit a crappy page, but I can't edit a blank page.) It took me a while to blog regularly, but now it's all I want to do... I just want to blog, blog, blog. Here's the thing about blogging that's unlike writing a novel: I can publish my blog right away and I can get feedback on it right away too. I think that's something I find difficult sometimes about working on a novel. However, I still like both avenues of writing and expression.

Updates: 

I had my 3rd day of class today and we learned different ways of engaging our students. (Oh yeah! So, if you aren't aware of this I am participating in the Neuroscience Outreach Program where I will be teaching high schoolers about neuroscience!) We learned about different activities and how to pose questions. I learned that asking students to raise their hands is kind of no-no; it's not as engaging. I'm really excited by all that I am learning. I really like my group. A couple of us went out for breakfast the other day to get to know one anther better and to brain storm some fun ideas for the kids.

I made a bunch of new friends last night! They are here in Portland for a few weeks on a mission. (If you click on that link to the left you will hear the Mission Impossible Theme Song, but no they are not government agents on an assignment, they are Christians. Sorry if this disappoints you.) I'm very excited to get to know this lovely group of people better and to show them around Portland!

I recently finished Season 1 of Orange is the New Black. On to Season 2!
Me and Becky!

I may be going down to Northern California this weekend to see my roommate Jamie! Her sister is getting back from Europe and they are having a party for her. Also, this may be one of the last times I see Jamie before she goes to Prague. I will definitely visit her there though.

Lastly, my friend Rebecca Griffee is off in Spain right now on an amazing adventure. Click here to read her blog! 

I think that's about it! I've just been hanging out with my friends, cooking yummy meals with the delicious food I bought from the Farmer's Market, going to school, hiking my beautiful hills, and writing/reading a lot.

I hope you are having a great summer so far!

Blog to you later!
Love,
Manders

P.S.
If you weren't aware of this, I am posting chapters of my first novel onto this blog.
Click here if you'd like to read it! 

Comments

Popular Posts