Paris Trip: Day One Video & Commentary

Okie dokes!

In this video we go to Notre Dame for Easter and watch Mike lip sync rap lyrics at a fancy French restaurant.



So this video is a hundred times better than the first one thanks to my brother's wonderful tips. My brother would start off his critiques with, "I don't mean to be mean, but..." And I'd be like, "No, give me all the critiques you have! I want to make these videos good!"

Here were some of his tips:

  1. Trim the footage down as much as possible. 
  2. At first this video was 13 minutes long, but Drew wanted me to get it down 9 minutes. After this advice, I got addicted to trimming and editing and got it down to 7 minutes and 16 seconds. Overachiever. 
  3. Over-film. It's better having too much footage than not enough. You can always edit. 
  4. Add music. 
  5. Take out the parts where I laugh too much. (I'm aware of my laughing problem, but man as I edited through the footage I realized I laugh WAY MORE  than the average human being.) Drew told me the parts in the restaurant would be funnier if we cut my laughing parts out. But just keep in mind, while Mike was rapping and Mom came up with his gangster name... well, I was laughing my butt off. 
  6. Act confident and energetic. If you don't feel energetic the audience will know and feel the same. 
  7. Don't care what strangers think. You won't see them again. Plus, most of them don't understand what you're saying. 
Inside Notre Dame.

Me & Drew.

Me & the rest of my family. 

If you have any suggestions for how I can make these videos better I would love to hear them! 

Blog to you later!
Love, 
Amanda 

Comments

Popular Posts