The Waiting Game

Hola!

Last night I went to bed at 11:30pm and then woke up at about 3am. Ouch! Yeah, it physically hurt to open my eyes. Haha! But I'm running off of more energy than I expected, which is awesome and something I'm thankful for. 

So, a little update for you: Mike, Drew, and I are all currently red-eyed tired and slumping in our chairs at the moment. I'm typing this out on my laptop and they're doing various things on their phones. We've been in the airport for a little over six hours now and we have one more hour to wait until we board our flight to Paris, France! We've already had breakfast and lunch. I had a huge omelet with avocado, potatoes, buttered toast, and a glass of grapefruit juice for breakfast and a medium-sized Caribbean Passion Jamba Juice for lunch since I wasn't that hungry. Mike and Drew ate at my favorite restaurant in the SLC Airport: Cafe Rio. They were so kind to share a couple of bites with me. Drew had a yummy chicken burrito with this delicious green sauce poured over it and Mike had a scrumptious casadia with perfectly grilled chicken in it!



So, I did vlog this morning and have been vlogging! But I can't share it with you yet because it's only half our journey. I just edited it and was laughing at how tired I looked and some stuff I said that I'd already forgotten due to being so sleep deprived. It's a lot easier to vlog when you are on the move and more interesting to watch in my opinion. (At least I hope you find it interesting to watch.) I'm trying to be more considerate of what I tape to make the story of our journey more interesting--little things like driving to the airport, boarding the plan (I haven't actually done that yet, but I would like to do that as I board the plane to France), walking through the airport, and film when we take off and land. 

Sometimes I'm nervous to pull out the camera and start talking to it when there are others around (I don't want to seem completely insane), but sadly, we are such a phone dependent society that no one is really paying attention to me--they're staring down at their cellular devices instead. Also, I shouldn't care what they think. I mean, I probably won't ever be around them ever again, so like, what does it matter? Haha! It's just something that takes practice like I said in the previous post. 

Ok, I think that's about all I can say right now. I'm just chilling out listening to "Uptown Funk" on Spotify kind of bouncing in my seat to the beat. 

I'm excited to get caught up on my movies and reading on the plane. 

Hmm, let's see... is there anything else I should write here?
No, I don't think so, other than I hope everyone who started school again this week had a great week! Oh, and it's Good Friday today. 

What's everyone doing for Easter if you celebrate? And if you don't, what are you doing over the weekend? 

Ok, blog to you (and hopefully vlog) to you later! 

Love,
Manders 

Comments

Popular Posts