Monday, August 17, 2015

Hawaiian Adventure

Hey there!

Once again, I am super behind on updating y'all on all the adventures I've been on lately. I just wanted to post these last videos of when I was in Hawai'i back in April.

(You can read my first post on Hawai'i by clicking here.)
Don't let the shorts & swimsuit fool you it was actually quite chilly there. 
This first video is when Dad, Drew, and I went to the Hawai'i Volcanoes National Park . Unfortunately, it was ridiculously foggy, like we couldn't see anything. Instead of hiking, we entered the visitor's center, browsing nifty diagrams and old photos of the volcano. We were pretty disappointed, especially since we paid to get in, but while driving down the road we found a sign that said "Lava Tubes" so we pulled over to explore a tropical path straight out of a Jurassic Park film and discovered an epic lava tube. I've never been in a lava tube before so it's  definitely something I can check off my bucket list now. Also, I'm addicted. I need more lava tubes explorations in my life!

Luckily after we went through the caves we learned about one of its peculiar inhabitants: the no-eyed big-eyed spider. Apparently this spider at first evolved to have this huge eye, so it could see better in the dark, but then it eventually evolved to not to have an eye at all.

I highly recommend visiting this park if you're ever on the Big Island. Even if it's foggy it's well worth it. Watch below!

                                     

This next video is a compilation of adventures we went on during our fun stay on the Big Island (not necessarily all shot on the same day). One day we drove out to the most Southern Point of the United States, which is a delightful sight indeed with windmills being pushed around by a powerful breeze, horses moseying about in pastures, and cliffs to overlook and dive off of.

Not gonna lie, I thoroughly enjoyed the simplicity of sitting in the car and just driving around the island in admiration. Seriously. It was awesome. I love road trips.

As you'll see in this next video we also ate delicious food. Man do I love filming food (as well as eating it of course). I devoured a heavenly chicken teriyaki rice bowl. We also had entertainment with our food. Haha! An elderly couple danced outside to a live band, so at Drew's request I filmed them and as I was doing this a little girl came up to me and said, "That's my uncle!" which, not gonna lie, was kind of awkward.

Rainbow Falls. 
We also explored Rainbow Falls which is absolutely gorgeous, but I'd have to say that my favorite part about it was the banyan trees off to the lefthand side of the waterfall. I haven't climbed trees in a long time due to silly reasons like back surgeries, but I used to do it all the time as a kid, in fact, it was one of my favorite pastimes as proven by this picture below.
I normally appeared grumpy in photos while wearing dresses and/or being at weddings at this age, but not while climbing trees. Loved that climbing life! 
Banyans are incredibly strong trees and their interconnectedness to the other banyan trees around them is truly remarkable. They are both easy and fun to climb, so this is what Drew and I did! Only problem was the mugginess and mosquitos. All three of us got eaten alive!
Look at all those limbs! Crazy awesome. 

Drew is always cracking me up with his model poses. 
All in all Hawai'i was a blast and I can't wait to go there again!

Blog/Vlog to you later!

Love,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment